HELPFUL LINKS AND FORMS
We’ve provided a list of helpful links to help you find information that interests you. If there are other links you believe would be useful, contact us today!
Required Forms (Retain for 3 Years)
- Federal W-4
- State of MI W-4
- Form I-9
- Form W-9
- ACA Notice of Coverage Options – employers with healthcare plans (downloadable form)
- ACA Notice of Coverage Options – employers without healthcare plans (downloadable form)
Having said that, we believe that the value we bring to the table is not industry expertise — which you already possess in abundance — but rather an understanding of what investors like to see in a potential opportunity.
- January 31st
- Form 1099-Misc (Independent Contractor Earnings)
- Form W-2 (Employee Earnings)
- March 15th
- Form 990 (Nonprofit)
- Form 1065 (Partnership)
- Form 1120S (S-Corporation)
- April 15th
- Form 1040 (Individual Income Taxes)
- Form 1041 (Trust & Estate)
- FinCEN Form 114 (Foreign Bank Account Reporting)
- Form 1120C (C Corporation)
- Personal Quarterly Estimates
- April 15th
- June 15th
- September 15th
- January 15th (of the next year)
Required Workplace Posters
Employer Best Practices
- All employees must have a form W-4 on file.
- Employers are required to have forms I-9 on hand for each of their employees.
- Penalties for missing I-9 forms range up to $1,100 per employee.
- Fines for employing undocumented workers reach up to $11,000 per employee.
- In accordance with the Affordable Care Act, all employers need to provide a Notice of Coverage Options to all new hires, regardless of whether or not the employer offers health care.
- Businesses with over 50 employees are required by law to offer health coverage to their employees.
- Fines for noncompliance range up to $2000 per employee (not counting the first 30 employees).
- LMR highly recommends that businesses provide job descriptions and employee handbooks to their employees to ensure that workplace expectations and policies are clear and well known.
- Job descriptions should outline responsibilities, requirements, and qualifications related to specific positions.
- Employee handbooks can outline company values, chain of command, compensation and time-off policies, benefits, and employee conduct expectations.